Search This Blog

Friday 22 June 2018

1st Regiment.


Finally, I have gotten around to posting some finished units. These are painted in the colours of the Blagovian 1st Infantry Regiment (1-ви пехотен полк), 1st Battalion which, coincidentally, happen to be the same as the Royal Hungarian IR. 52 "Bethlen."
Not my best work, but I am happy with the results. They are certainly fine enough for the table top! The only thing that I will do before pressing them into service will be to add some flock to the base, and a flag for the Command Stand. Not too thrilled with how the eyes turned out on the grenadiers. I was going to paint the eyes for all of the miniatures, but having had second thoughts after seeing the grenadiers I think that I will stay with just a suggestion of eyes. Besides, I really don't think that they are that noticeable at 3+ feet.
I am currently working on finishing the 2nd Battalion, and the commander of the regiment – the ruthless Colonel Peperkov. I am not sure whether to paint his uniform in the same colours as the regiment, or to give him a more individual look. Perhaps a nice lavender coloured coat might soothe his choler? 


1st Battalion, with attached Grenadier Company.


The Command Stand, with the cranky Major Miskov and his ever-ready stick.  
 
Grenadiers           

2 comments:

  1. nice battalion - looking forward to seeing the full regiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moving along very nicely indeed. By the way do you have one of those followers things at the side of your blog so l can follow you?

    ReplyDelete