Search This Blog

Thursday 10 May 2018

Progress

The 1st Blagovian Infantry Regiment is complete, and awaiting basing and flags. The Hussar Regiment is almost done as well. Time to order some reinforcements!
I think I will add a Grenadier Company to the 1st Regiment, and get some artillery (12 pounders and crews). I will also grab some mounted officers. This should be enough Blagovians for now, and should see me through into the summer. I think come the Fall I will start to build up some Leutonian and Tutun-Bey Forces.
I have also decided to develop another Imagination which I will keep far more whimsical. To be honest, my Blagovian, Leutonian, and Tutun-Bey armies have been kept somewhat "historically accurate," in that their uniforms will be (are) based on real ones. The original plan that I had was to be able to fight historical battles as well as fantastical ones. The new Imagination will be located somewhere in the German states, where exactly has yet to be determined, and will be much larger than my current Imaginations. Of course, this nation will be allied with Blagovia and Leutonia, so you may see a battalion or two fighting alongside the above mentioned nations against the hated Turk.
Instead of creating a new blog I will create a subsection of this one where I can post the ongoing situation and battle reports. I'm not sure whether to stick with 25mm, or go with 28mm, or even 1/72 (20mm). Once I settle on a scale I will plan out the units I intend to raise. One thing is for certain however, after having received "permission" to recruit within its borders from Phil Olley, there will be a regiment of Battenberg infantry. Let's see where I go with this one.


6 comments:

  1. I'm looking and reading . Please can we have some pretty pictures? Especially of your Battenbergers when you get them. And thank you for putting the link to my blog in your sidebar. Chris
    http://notjustoldschool.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris. I will put up some pics of my units soon, and if they are painted half as good as your troops I'll be happy indeed!

      Delete
  2. Nice to hear your making progress, pictures would help greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can never have too many Battenburgers!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete