Search This Blog

Friday 2 February 2018

Production Begins.


I’ve cleaned up and primed the miniatures and now on to painting. Surprisingly, this only took a couple of hours as the castings are crisp with no flash to speak of, and a few very light mould lines. I really am quite pleased with the level of detail that these figures have. They should be fun to paint, and given the relatively simple scheme, quick. I’m not sure whether to go with red trousers or blue. Although, there is the Bethlen Regiment which, according to Kronoskaf, had light brown trousers and dolman.


1st Blagovian Regiment (nee Bethlen Regt)



Not the best of pictures, but here they are ready for the bench.



6 comments:

  1. These look a fine body of men awaiting the paintbrush and a very nice quality photograph, more please. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I will post more often now that someone is actually looking this blog. :)

      Delete
  3. I like the RSM Hungarians. To,the extent that you need more command figure variety, the Minden figures match up very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they do, and I plan to purchase some in the future, but I'm not sure which ones I will get. I will probably use the Minden's for special battalions and the RSM's for my core army. Maybe some Prussians painted as Battenbergers?

      Delete